Fragmenter is a realtime animation app to make moving images, built around a unique looping animation engine. You can make abstract kaleidoscopic animations in seconds, or make longer animations, bringing to life your drawings. Fragmenter‘s live-drawing features make it a perfect tool for a vj with drawing skills. You can also sync the animation with music and make videos that have an unconventional hand-made look.
- realistic drawing engine using or emulating pressure info of tablet pens
- fast animating engine
- adjustable brush size, color, texture
- set arbitrary background image or color
- multiple layers, with four different functions (background, loop, finite and infinite layer)
- save/load layers and manage them in a library
- cross-platform: works on windows, mac, linux (with wine emulator), android
- free to use (public desktop version download available since 2019)
- output to external screen, projector
- frame-by-frame animation tools
- multiple symmetry modes to make advanced kaleidoscope/mandala animations
- multiple fx to blur, pixelate, etc. the image
- controllable by midi messages
- experimental spout support to send output to other applications on windows
I am Balázs Keszegh, the person behind Longtitle Productions. Currently the focus is on developing Fragmenter and the game Ikonomikon. To develop Fragmenter and other stuff I use Gideros, a very friendly open-source cross-platform SDK.
For more info see the Longtitle Productions homepage.
Miracle is an art collective without which Fragmenter wouldn't be what it is. Also, Longtitle Productions is a small subset of Miracle. Various members of Miracle are using Fragmenter in live performances, in particular Diego Verastegui and Benjamin Efrati.
Subscribe to our newsletter and we will keep you updated about future versions and other news.
If you have any questions or comments about Fragmenter or anything related, please contact us at "longtitlepro at gmail dot com".